If you want to start a business, you need to be aware and up-to-date on the compliance requirements or face the risk of having your business dissolved. Nolo.com can help you in this regard as well as provide services for LLC formation and incorporation.
With over 50 web properties sharing the most up-to-date data, the company operates one of the world’s largest libraries offering free legal information including worker’s compensation, employment law, bankruptcy and legal education. Let’s find more about the services it can offer with our Nolo.com review.
Pros of Nolo.com
- Comprehensive library — The Nolo.com library is full of legal information so that you can find the solution or guide that you need for your current legal issues.
- Contribution by legal experts — Legal experts often contribute and write articles on issues related to complicated legal issues. They also provide step-by-step information on how to solve them. You can always find the right attorney to handle your specific business problem at Nolo.com or one of their outsourced partner sites.
- Online legal support — You can access online legal support in a matter of minutes. If you are in a hurry, all it takes is the purchase of an updated book or software that solves your specific problem. You can easily get the relevant guide with updated legal forms and step-by-step instructions.
- Access to legal forms — You’ll find most legal forms that you need for your business all in Nolo’s gigantic online legal library.
- Access to legal research guide — Legal research is complicated, to say the least. All it takes is the wrong approach, and you’ll find yourself immersed in time-wasting legal jargon. Nolo.com shows you how to zoom in on a legal issue and then find the right legal clause with step-by-step instructions.
Cons of Nolo.com
- Outsourcing — Nolo outsources their LLC formation service to partners like Incorporate.com. Non-profit incorporation services are outsourced to LegalZoom, another reliable llc service provider. If you run into issues, this may mean a longer time to receive a solution.
- Some negative reviews due to lead generation services — A large portion of Nolo.com’s negative reviews are for their lead generation services for attorneys. Attorneys have reported receiving invalid leads that were outside their geographic area or were not in need of their services. This is a con specifically for attorneys and may not be relevant for you if you are looking for LLC formation services.
Features Of Nolo.com
In our Nolo.com review, we found that the service offers three packages to choose from for LLC formation.
- Basic Package: $49 + State Fee
The Basic Package includes LLC name validation through a name availability search, operating agreements, articles of formation and a guide to formalizing your LLC.
Automated error checking is included to ensure your LLC name and articles of formation will be accepted by your state.
- Standard Package: $149 + State Fee
In addition to the features of the Basic Package, the Standard Package includes your IRS application for an EIN (employee identification number) or business tax ID. Nolo.com will prepare the application for you and you simply need to sign and send it off to the IRS.
You also get over 30 business forms including meeting minutes, non-disclosure agreements , sales contracts and more.
- Express Package: $299 + State Fee
You get a personalized LLC records binder stamped with your company name. This comes with 20 personalized membership certificates, index tabs and a transfer ledger. You will also be given a company seal that you can use to stamp your LLC name, date of formation and state on important documents.
Nolo.com offers priority rush filing so your documents will be sent to the LLC filing office within one business day. You can then expect to receive your official formation documents within two to three business days.
All these are in addition to all the features of the Standard package. However, unlike other low-priced service providers like Incfile, Nolo.com doesn’t offer a free year of registered agent service.
Legal experts in Nolo.com’s roster have published more than 100 books. They also contribute extensively to the Nolo.com network with DIY eBooks, legal forms, and software.
In our experience, their user-friendly lawyer directory provides the means to contact relevant consumer and small business attorneys who can help solve clients’ specific problems.
The Nolo.com shop has a comprehensive list of legal books, forms, and software related to legal issues that dominate today’s business and social environments.
For example, if you are looking to form or have already formed an LLC, you can find a guide that is written by legal experts and access legal information about any part of your business.
Nolo.com legal books teach you how to write a business plan, manage taxes and finances, and obtain the permits or licenses you need. You can also learn about the latest taxation laws, leases, contracts, and how to hire employees from articles authored by practising attorneys and legal professionals.
The idea for these guides is to help you resolve daily issues that can lead to legal complications. If you prefer offline books to ebooks, many of Nolo.com’s books and guides are also available physically.
Nolo.com provides DIY legal forms and business books with step-by-step instructions so you can complete many legal processes without hiring an expensive lawyer to do it for you.
In trying out Nolo.com’s services, we found the online DIY form we needed was backed by detailed guidelines to resolve our business problem, which was very helpful.
There is also a wide variety of forms available including intellectual property forms so you can start the process to file patents, trademarks or copyrights. You can also edit, download and print the same legal forms multiple times.
Nolo.com has a customer support team available that you can contact if you have questions. They operate from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT, Monday to Friday.
Nolo.com Customer Reviews
Reviews from customers who use Nolo.com for LLC formation services have been positive. They point out the quality of the services received, making it among the well-known and trusted LLC formation & registration companies. Customers also liked the fact that they could get all the legal information they need in one place.
Here is the rating Nolo.com has received for LLC formation:
- Sitejabber — 3.9 stars out of 5
Nolo.com Review Conclusion
If you need more legal support in addition to basic LLC formation services, our Nolo.com review assesses that the company is a good option for you to get everything you need in one place.
In addition to its LLC formation service, Nolo.com has a wealth of information to support you in legal aspects of your business. You can also seek the expertise of a local lawyer, which is highly convenient for any business, starting and ongoing alike.